CONSIDER THE SCOPE & EXPECTATIONS OF THE POSITION
Is this position a good fit for my needs and comfort level at this time? Ask yourself:
- Am I a good role model and team player?
- Am I excited about being a Longhorn and interested in sharing that excitement with incoming Longhorns?
- Do I have the required time that is necessary to serve as an excellent university ambassador in the Orientation Advisor role?
- Am I interested in learning about campus resources and peer advising in order to answer many questions from incoming students and families?
- Do I have the ability to practice effective time management skills and prioritize my daily commitments in order to maintain good academic standing while serving as an OA during the year?
- Do I have a desire to work with students with diverse backgrounds and perspectives different than my own?
- Am I interested in working in an environment that expects professionalism, initiative, leadership and exemplary customer service in working with students, faculty, staff and families?
- Am I comfortable working in an environment that embraces change and requires adaptability?
COMPLETE THE REQUIRED STEPS BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
- Attend at least one information session to learn more about the position, expectations and the selection process.
- Be prepared to ask questions about the position, challenges and opportunities during your information session.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE POSITION
- Create or review your resume in order to examine your employment experience, skills and strengths that would be applicable for the OA position and helpful to share in the online application or during interview day. You are not required to submit your resume.
- Carefully read and review all of the materials required to complete the application process.
- We recommend candidates answer the application questions on a separate document prior to inputting their final responses into the application for submission. This will help ensure all of your work is saved and no effort lost.
- Allow for ample time to submit your best work and responses possible for the application process.
- Answer all questions completely.
- Check the New Student Services website and your e-mail regularly in order to review deadlines, updates, requests or announcements regarding the recruitment, application, interview and selection process for the OA position.
INTERVIEW PROCESS FOR THE POSITION
- Individual Interviews will take place virtually the week of October 31, 2022.
- Group Interview Day will take place in-person on Sunday, November 6, 2022.
- Wear an outfit that makes you feel comfortable and confident.
- Remember to listen to questions carefully, take your time to formulate your responses and be courteous of other interviewees.