Will I still be able to get the classes I want if I attend a later orientation session?
In some classes, seats will be reserved so that students in each orientation session have a chance to register for those classes. No matter which session you participate in, there will be classes you can register for that will fulfill your core requirements and keep you on track for graduation. You should expect to be flexible with class days and times. Being open about professors will also help you maximize your options for courses.
What do I do if I have a registration hold?
Any bars you have will be listed on your Registration Information Sheet.
- If you have an advising hold, that will be cleared during orientation once you meet with your academic advisor.
- If you have a health hold, that will be cleared once you have submitted your immunization documentation.
Domestic students, click here to learn more about medical clearance requirements.
International students, click here to learn more about medical clearance requirements.
- If you have an international hold, that will be cleared once you have completed your International Briefing and Check-In session.
- If you have a high school transcript hold, it will not prevent you from registering for classes.
- If you have a financial hold, in most cases, financial holds may be paid in cash or by check at the cashier's office in Main Building room 8, or cleared online at the What I Owe page.
- If you have a non-financial hold, you must resolve a non-financial hold with the administrative office that imposed it.
What if I miss a required program at orientation? Will I still be able to register for classes?
There are required programs throughout the duration of your orientation session that you must participate in and, if you miss them, you may not be able to register for classes. If you miss a required program, please contact New Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately for further instructions.
After I have attended an orientation session, if necessary, when can I make changes to my class schedule?
You can only make changes to your schedule during the official add/drop period. You can check your Registration Information Sheet to see when you can add and drop classes.
Can I change my major during my orientation session?
If you are concerned about your major choice, you will have time to discuss it with your advisor during your academic advising appointment.